Montana Safety Training
CRANE RIGGING & SIGNAL PERSON
NCCO Crane Information
FYI for new rules for crane, rigging, signaling http://www.nccco.org/news/MessageFromThePresident.html
Certification for the instructor trained at Crane Certification for the instructor trained at Crane Tech, Tampa FL. Instructor is a trained qualified evaluator
Employers must use qualified riggers during hoisting activities for assembly and disassembly work according to OSHA Regulation 1926.1404(r)(1)
- How to properly use wire rope, chain and synthetic web slings,rigging hardware, and lifting devices.
- How to interpret capacity charts for wire rope, slings and rigging hardware when performing proof test.
- The three methods used to calculate sling loading.
- Safe rigging practices and procedures.
- The correct way to give ASME hand signals & voice signals.
- ASME responsibilities of signalpersons.
- Procedures for safely working cranes near power lines.
- How to interpret and comply with OSHA’s steel erection standard.
- How to comply with OSHA requirements when hoisting personnel with cranes.
- How to perform a pre-use inspection on wire rope, chain and synthetic web slings, hooks, shackles, eye bolts, hoist rings,turnbuckles, spreader/lifting beams, load blocks, sheaves, etc.
- How to determine the weight of a load.
- How to prepare a lift plan.
- How to properly use hoists, chain falls and come-alongs.
CRANE - GANTRY INSPECTION & TRAINING
Training of all operators will include the following:
- Capacities of equipment and attachments.
- Purpose, use and limitation of controls.
- How to make daily checks.
- The energizing sequences, including pneumatic, hydraulic, and electrical sequences.
- Start-up and shutdown procedures.
- Emergency shutdown procedures.
- General operating procedures.
- All basic signaling procedures, including hand, radio, or telephone signals, where required.
- Knowledge of Overhead and Gantry Cranes, and other applicable OSHA standards.
- Practice in operating the assigned equipment through the mechanical functions necessary to perform the required task.
- Maximum rated capacity of the crane.
Training of all riggers will include the following:
- The requirements of OSHA. Overhead and Gantry Cranes.
- Knowledge of OSHA Part 49. Slings.
- Knowledge of OSHA Part 33. Personal Protective Equipment.
- Maximum capacity of the crane.
- Rigging procedures.
- Company rules and regulations.
We offer safety training classes for heavy equipment training at your location for forklift, dozer, telehandler, wheel loader, motor grader, backhoe, John Deere, Caterpillar, Komastu, all heavy equipment training.
Safety Certification for heavy equipment training, Billings, Missoula, Great Falls, Bozeman, Butte, Helena, Kalispell, Miles City, Belgrade, Livingston, Laurel, Whitefish, Lewistown, Sidney, Glendive, Plentywood, Baker, Fairview